Just thinking about the year ahead...
It is always in my plans to get healthier and be more fit...perhaps this is something I should work on over the summer... though have noticed that today, in NY, it is VERY humid out and I cannot stand the feeling (can anyone?)... Though on the same topic- have you noticed how unhealthy most foods are? I do a lot of research and it appears that SO many foods are poisonous and contain harmful ingredients and/or should be eaten in moderation- but seriously...can anyone really eat in moderation? Just think about it... you are indulging in a delicious piece of brownie or cookie or cake (whatever it is that you love) and the food is just melting in your mouth and your brain is just telling you to eat more of it because it is THAT damn good..are you really going to be thinking about how terrible that food probably is for you and decide not to eat the rest? Yeah right... but this is what we American's do best: we indulge so much and think little about the consequences. Therefore, this is one of my goals: to be more conscious of what I am consuming and not give in to the little devil called "over-temptation!"
Another goal of mine is to find another part-time job. Again, have you noticed that this also is extremely difficult? I know I should not be all that picky, but if I am going to be doing a job for whatever amount of hours a day, I would hope it would be in the least bit a little interesting!
Ah! On the topic of indulging and chocolate and work- it reminds me of this documentary I just watched and you, my little bees, should check it out too! It is quite interesting and is basically about the trafficking of children in the chocolate industry and how major companies such as Nestle, fail to adequately respond (as most businesses in pursuit of profit). Follow the link: Dark Side of Chocolate -- Also, this website is one of my favorites because it is GREAT for watching documentaries and have a ton of really cool ones! So, definitely browse and see if anything catches your eye!
On that note, what are some of your dreams and plans you have? This question really stimulated my brain and hope it does the same for you..
No comments:
Post a Comment